The actor Sushant Singh Rajpoot who hit the limelight with TV show Pavitra Rishta (2009–11) began his career a year before with the serial Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil. After a successful run on TV, he was able to make an equally successful transition to the big screen. He worked in successful films like Shuddh Desi Romance (2013), Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! (2015), PK (2014), MS Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016), Kedarnath (2018) and Chhichhore (2019).
Even as the nation grieves the death of the actor, here are some lesser known facts about him:
1. Sushant’s family hails from Bihar and the actor was born in Patna. He lost his mother early in life in 2002 and used to often share social media posts on her. His sister Mitu Singh is a state-level cricketer.
2. He took admission into Delhi School of Engineering but dropped out after completing three years to pursue a career in stage and acting. He reportedly cleared as many as 11 engineering entrance exams. He was a National level Olympiad winner in Physics.
3. Sushant Singh Rajpoot Youngest in the family
The only brother to four sisters, the Chichore star was the youngest in his family and had lost his mother at the age of four. He often shared emotional and heart-rending posts on social media with his mother’s pictures, which showed how much he missed her.
4. Massive car junkie
Alongside his other interests including music, theatre and astronomy, Rajput had always dreamt of owning a luxury car, and becoming a movie star allowed him to splurge on a fancy set of wheels. He owned a Range Rover SUV and a BMW K 1300 R motorcycle, but his dream truly came true when he finally bought a Maserati, as reported by The Quint. He put a picture on Facebook and captioned it saying, “I’ve been playing with the miniature model of this car since I was a kid. It was about time to own the beast.”
5. Sushant Singh Rajpoot loved ballet dancing
In order to stay fit, Sushant loved to dance. Being a fitness freak and besides the fact that he goes to the gym, he also liked to do ballet. It gave him the agility and flexibility that is often needed by actors in the film industry.
6. Sushant Singh Rajpoot Made film debut in 2013 with ‘Kai Poche’
The actor who rose to fame from a few of Ekta Kapoor’s drama serials, went on to become one of the most sought-after actors in Bollywood today with just a handful of films to his credit in his short yet fruitful career on silver screens. Rajput made his film debut in 2013, with a small-budget film Kai Poche that was acclaimed by critics and audiences worldwide.
7. Sushant Singh Rajpoot learnt martial arts for acting
The 34-year old star took his acting career quite seriously and danced with Shiamak Davar and Ashley Lobo’s troupe. He also learnt martial arts from Allan Amin and assisted the renowned director, Mohit Suri during the shoot of his film, Raaz 2.
8. Sushant Singh Rajpoot was in a 6-year-old relationship with fellow actor Ankita Lokhande before they split in 2016.
9. Sushant Singh Rajpoot had a passion for astronomy – his Instagram account was proof of it and he would often post pictures from hi star gazing experiments. He owned a telescope as well. In 2018, he had bought an expensive, Boeing 737 Fixed Base Flight Simulator too.
10. While in Delhi, Sushant Singh Rajpoot had attended acting classes by Barry John and after moving to Mumbai, he was also part of Nadira Babbar’s Ekjute theatre group. He had also been part of Shiamak Davar’s dance in Delhi.
READ ALSO – Chhapaak 2020 – A Story of Brave Girl
READ ALSO- Angrezi Medium 2020
READ ALSO- Shubh Mangal Jyada Savdhan 2020